Saturday, February 7, 2009

Carry this for luck

During our life skills class, I made my ( now famous) mango salsa, I think it is an important life skill!
These two are my precious little sisters, doing there favorite Masai jump dance!


One of my class 7 students making our snare!

One of the teachers setting the bait( corn and flour) for our trap.



Closing the sides for our trap!



My home, it extends to the white line, next door is another teachers house. The big tank is for collecting rain so I can have water!







The pigs that live outside my house and the boys dorm in the background!









These are my little sisters running toward me as I return from school!












My first full week of teaching has finished, and I cannot stop smiling, I truly love my job! Nairobi is wonderful, and packages from home are even better. I have started planning a project that I am very excited about, I don't want to speak to soon in case it doesn't work out, but I am obscenely excited.

5 comments:

Mama said...

Gin-Gin I love to see your smile, and "your famous" mango salsa I'm the proud and happiest mother in the Universe!! Love you much mama

Anonymous said...

i am sooooo happpy for you g!!! what a wonderful time you're having!!!

Dalila said...

Ah so so cute pic of you and mango salsa! And video of kids running! And piggy looks like its half smiling! Loves!
-Dalila aka mangOmadnesss ;)

francineelisa said...

you are incredibly tan! i am glad that you are happy and i hope all continues to go well <3

G. Seger said...

France I live 20 mins from the equator, I have to be tan, but I have the worst farmers tan ever!