Thursday, December 18, 2008

Swiftly Tilting







I am in Nairobi, unfortunately I broke my tooth on a rock in my Githeri( bean mixture) so I am going to the dentist today. I am staying in a nice part of Nairobi and it is quite beautiful. Right now I am at the Peace Corps office so I am able to load some photos. The first one is from Independence Day ( tree planting) my family along with another Trainee's family. The second one is the village where I live (the constant rain allows for spectacular rainbows!). The third is another view from my walk to and from town. The last one is my sister and I inside the gates of my shamba (farm) and that is Kilimanjaro behind me!

In other news I am very excited to be Auntie Africa in the near future! My only sadness is that I will be so far away, but I guess I'll have many things to teach my new niece or nephew ( KSL, Kiswahili, and perhaps how to purify their own water, or check to see if they have malaria?) . Jokes aside I am overwhelmed with joy!

Kawheri!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

rainbows and Kilimanjaros and babies OH MY!

Mary said...

You are looking good. Thanks for posting pictures. We are cold and ice storming here in the Midwest.

Dalila said...

Yay pics! Kilimanjaro looks amazing in the background, I can only imagine how it would look in person! You look good too, alllll smiles!

Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama said...

Love your smiling face! Love your pictures! Only worried the whole day about your dental work, but glad to hear all is well. I helped a family with adopt-a-family Christmas to imitate my "volunteering" daughter. Love you much!!

lamberta said...

Hiya Ginnie!
I just found your little blog and will keep track of your adventures. I'm just about to come down to work the Va General Assembly this session - when I'm stuck in a closet punching up cameras I'll be thinking of you in Kenya.
Get that tooth fixed!
-Billy

Mike and Gina Goffus said...

Hi Ginnie. We are so proud of you and love to see your adventures on the blog! Your Dad gave us your website. We'll check in occassionally. You go girl! You are in our prayers daily and hope you have a rewarding experience. BTW - we wouldn't like bats for roomates either! Mike and Gina Goffus